"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable"
- Aaron Copland
Giving to the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra's Annual Fund is a rewarding tradition that directly connects you to the annual production and presentation of concerts, music education programs for children and adults, outreach concerts and programs and family entertainment. As a donor, you are an essential partner in supporting the high level of excellence that you expect from your Orchestra. Private support makes the difference in building and sustaining a world-class Orchestra.
To make a donation to the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra's Annual Fund, please click here or contact: Development Office at the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. 499 Franklin Street Buffalo, NY 14202.
For more information please call (716) 242-7820.
BPO donors are the life-blood of the orchestra and without the thousands upon thousands of contributors, achievements such as those listed below would simply not be possible. Thank you for your support.
- 120 concerts per year attended by over 175,000 people
- 33 M & T Bank Classics Series Concerts
- 13 BlueCross BlueShield of WNY Pops Series Concerts
- 3 First Niagara Holiday Pops Concerts
- 6 Family Series Concerts
- 28 Award-winning Youth Concerts, as well as numerous education programs
- Free Summer Parks Concerts
- Over 20 special presentations and regional concerts
- The BPO supports 101 full-time and 300 part-time jobs ($7.7 million payroll)
- 92% of budget stays in Western New York
- Generates a conservative economic impact of $25 million in our community
Ambassador for Western New York
- The BPO has received two GRAMMY Awards, the highest recognition attainable in the music industry
- Ongoing national broadcasts: American Public Radio's Performance Today (carried in over 225 cities nationwide - listenership of 5 million weekly)
- Ongoing regional broadcasts: WNED Philharmonic Fridays
- Recordings sold worldwide on the NAXOS label
- Artistic triumph at Carnegie Hall in 2004; return invitation to perform at Carnegie Hall in 2013 at the prestigious Spring For Music festival
- In 2012, presented the fifth biennial JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Competition, bringing musicians from around the globe to Buffalo