Marketing Associate – Advertising and Promotion Coordinator
Responsible for coordinating media schedules including print, radio, TV, digital, direct mail and outdoor advertising. Coordinates proofing of all materials by routing them to key staff members and compiling information for graphic designer and Marketing Director. Assists the Marketing Director in creating department budgets and flowcharts of expenses and revenues. Processes invoices, reconciles expenses with the finance department and promotes a smooth system of tracking expenses against monthly cash flow schedule. Coordinates promotions and seeks new ways to build audiences for the BPO. Organizes parties that support marketing events.
- Works with marketing and sales teams to create media schedules for all BPO advertising including
print, radio, TV and digital. Implements
schedules and make adjustments according to market situation, as
- Works collaboratively with
other team members on weekly print, radio, TV, direct mail and online ads
-- writing copy, managing proofing and submitting ads to meet deadlines.
- Strengthens working
relationships with all advertising contacts to consistently follow-up on
details and encourage additional promotions.
- Works closely with
printers, mail house and post office to coordinate details (dates,
postage, etc.) of mailings in a timely manner.
- Keeps track of all details
pertaining to department budget; regularly communicates to supervisor
status of budget.
- Processes all department
invoices and coordinates details with finance department.
- Develops a keen sense of
promotional value and works with the marketing team to maximize
promotional opportunities with media contacts, retail outlets and others
in the community. Seeks additional opportunities
for discounts, ticket give-aways and sales such as Groupon, Pave Life and
others. Coordinates distribution of
- Contributes to the overall
marketing and PR plan by submitting ideas and suggestions to improve
department effectiveness and efficiency.
- Attends and assists in
marketing presence at concerts.
Some weekend and night work is required.
- Organizes department files
and samples of collateral pieces.
Provides reports and copies of materials to the development department for sponsors to track logo recognition.
- Works with marketing team
to successfully fulfill the strategies and tactics specified in the marketing and PR plan and in the BPO long-term strategic plan.
- Responsible for the coordination and production of program book inserts, working with the Director of Marketing and Audience Services Manager, and with outside organizations that place inserts in the BPO programs.
- Creates and coordinates pre- and post concert receptions in conjunction with marketing events, such as the parties after Know the Score concerts, subscriber appreciation events and other social aspects of the BPO to advance ticket sales, and recognize patrons.
Bachelor’s degree; marketing experience preferred; must demonstrate superior organizational skills, attention to detail, follow through and the ability to meet deadlines. Must be fluent in Excel and good with numbers. Successful candidate will have an outgoing personality, be a team player and be able to multitask in an extremely active environment. A background and/or interest in symphonic music is desirable.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Director of Marketing and Communications
Please send resume and cover letter to:Susan M. Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Att: Susan Schwartz, 499 Franklin St., Buffalo, NY 14202.
Associate Conductor Search:
The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra seeks a classically trained, talented, motivated musician who is a versatile and experienced individual to serve as its Associate Conductor.
The Associate Conductor provides leadership through conducting, programming, planning and community
involvement. In addition, she/he will provide artistic support to the Music Director and visiting guest conductors. The Associate Conductor will partner with internal and external constituents around a collaboratively-formed artistic vision enabling the success of all programs and initiatives of the Buffalo Philharmonic Society.
- Conduct Youth/Education, Pops, Know the Score, Family outreach run-out concerts and summer season concerts.
- Work directly with the Director of Education and the curriculum team to plan and program all education concerts, with a focus on interactive, cross-curricular programming guided by NYS and Common Core Learning Standards. Work with staff and the education committee to ensure continued growth and increased reach of education concerts in the community.
- Participate in the planning of Pops, Family and Know the Score series concerts and others as assigned
- Conduct and coordinate annual young composers forum
- Assist with recording activities
- Participate in school visits, public speaking engagements, media interviews and pre-concert lectures on an as needed basis.
- Cover all assigned concerts when not on the podium.
The Associate Conductor embraces the mission and core values of the organization and actively fosters symphonic music through excellence in performance, education and cultural leadership. The Associate Conductor works closely with the Music Director, Executive Director, General Manager and Director of Education and reports to the General Manager.
Please apply by sending a resume with cover letter, work samples (i.e. Education program, Pops program, Family program that you have programmed and conducted) and a video sample of your conducting an ensemble or orchestra.
Interested candidates should send materials no later than December 15, 2013 to:
Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra
Associate Conductor Search
499 Franklin Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
E-mail submissions will be accepted and can be sent to: email@example.com
Please note to include any supporting documents via .pdf file. Links to video examples should be included within the body of the e-mail. In addition, please note this is a submission e-mail account only and is not intended for ongoing communication.
Auditions are by invitation only and will be scheduled for the spring of 2014.